Monday, September 1, 2014

Summer Lovin'

The past eleven weeks have been nothing short of amazing. I'm not sure I could have soaked any more out of the summer of 2014. From Give Kids the World, celebrating my Grandmother's 94th Birthday, exploring Honduras, hanging on the farm, sending the kids off to college and ending a summer as empty nesters it really has been a summer of milestones. 
With Labor Day gently reminding me that summer is fading with the return to school and a crazy schedule it was truly an amazing two months. I am thankful for time with family, friends and having the opportunity to decompress in ways that have me very ready for a new school year. 
It has been strange adjusting to a home without kids, but we're doing ok. From dinners in the backyard, afternoon yard sale endeavors, treks to Ritas and coffee on the couch we are adjusting pretty well. Every stage offers new experiences, memories and opportunities to grow. So although it's an adjustment, we're taking it in stride. 
Flipping through pictures of the last few months I can only smile and think of the million memories that have been created. Lots of serious goodness that has brought so much joy to my heart. 

No comments: