Sunday, October 12, 2014

Coming to a beach near you


We're having a baby!!!! We have been empty nesters since the end of August and that is all about to change in late April. I am overwhelmed with joy and elated at the gift that God has growing inside of me. Last week during an ultra sound I found myself in awe of the little hands and feet that were fluttering on the screen in front of me.  My mind is seriously blown away at how amazing and intricately made we are and getting a vip view of what's going on in my belly was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.




Our family is pretty excited, but having the opportunity to surprise my 94 year old grandmother with a visit to Florida made the whole prego experience all the more beautiful. We told her awhile ago that I was expecting, but while my mom and cousin were down in Fl visiting her I managed to go full fledge surprise on her. She opened her door, took a few steps back thinking I was my mom for about five seconds and then was speechless just hugging me and pressing her hands against my belly.
All the tiredness and plane riding craziness was all so very worth it just to see the joy on her face. I know the next six months are going to pass quickly and I am doing the best I can to savor all these little moments that mean the world to me.















Web Counter


No comments: