Sunday, November 9, 2008

Straight up National Geographic


This past weekend I headed down to Virginia to prep for my annual fall retreat with my Drug Squad kids from Seneca. I was hoping to spend a day on the Outer Banks with some friends & catch some surf, but there just wasn't time. It's crazy how quick time goes isn't it? Jess, Tristan & I headed down on Thursday at 3 am. Tristan slept the whole time making for a pretty quick, uneventful trip. 

Pulling up the drive way the views took my breath away. The place is stunning. With fall making its presence known, the farm is like one large panoramic painting. Brilliant red, yellow and orange hues streaming the horizon make for one dynamic setting. It is art work that no artist could ever do justice. Sitting on the porch sipping tea with the crisp fall breeze in the air... there's nothing like it. My free therapy is found at 8996 Nutbush Road (aka Faith Farm). 
On top of all the beauty I had the privilege of documenting a pretty stellar birth of a calf. My Pops, Tristan and I hopped onto the tractor and headed to the back field to watch the birth of the 41st calf born this year. You see this stuff on movies, documentaries, but man it is
something being there in the moment. I was able to catch some fairly insane pictures along with a few clips on the video camera. My hope was to not cause the mama cow to bug out or go postal on this here Yankee. It was a pretty eventful, chock full weekend. I have to say, there are very few dull moments in my life or on Faith Farm. Maybe it's a family thing.... 


No comments: