Sunday, January 11, 2009

Peace like the Euphrates

One of my New Year's Resolutions was to begin the art of balancing my life and making 'down time' more of a priority. Its an area I emphatically stress to the kids I counsel to examine in their own lives and I'm not one to find hypocrisy as an attractive attribute. Between work, coaching, Young Life and life in general I often feel pulled in 50 directions. So, the past few weeks 'me' has become more of a priority. Go me. This first weekend in 2009 finds me catching up on sleep and catching my breath after a fairly intense week. Were there opportunities for distraction? Yes. Did I flinch? Nope. 
(1st pic: selecting the perfect marshmallow stick with Tristan  /  2nd pic: Charlie chilling on a hay bale) 
I struggle sometimes with seeing down time as problematic, but my mind and body are often in dire need of recharge and chill time. I managed a very successful New Year's Resolution for the 1st weekend of 2009. I'm going to maintain the mindset of an optimist and say this lasts another twelve months. Hoping positive self talk takes me the distance.

No comments: