Sunday, January 18, 2009

Winter... not digging it

(pic: my very tanned, shoeless feet basking in the Jordanian desert) 

I've never really had to combat any affects of the winter blues, but I would have to say this year marks the first. Maybe it's due to the fact that I haven't surfed in almost two months. Possibly it could be attributed to going to work in darkness and returning in, you got it, darkness. If you know me, there is sea salt and surf wax running through my veins & with the proper form of visual imagery, a pair of flip flops on my feet at all times. Come hell or high water I dig the ocean and the weather that typically accompanies that. 

So, it may be the end of the weekend but I do believe the Atlantic beckons. Checking surf conditions and ensuring there is a wetsuit, flip flops and a bathing suit in the back of my car for the next few weeks. Water temps are at a very tropical 43 degrees... very inviting, I know. 

(pic: sunset on the Sinai of Egypt)
(enjoying dinner with some friends @ Mikado) 


No comments: