Sunday, September 12, 2010

A little Deja vu


The past weekend was a blur where I spent most of it trying to let my vocals heal a bit along with taking the needed time to let my body rest after feeling a bit lethargic lately. As we transition into a new school year there is truly so much 'newness' in more ways than can be counted. I realize that I would be bored if life were predictable, stagnant and therefore lacking any real sense of color.

Friday Keith & I headed to watch Taylor cheer her very first highschool football game. As I stood on the sidelines it was a definite sense of deja vu meet 'hello, I'm a parent' zone. Fourteen years ago I ran, sweat and played in the heat and cold on these same fields. I now walk the hallways everyday with colleagues who were once fellow classmates and a handful that were even my teachers:) I now clap for Jordan and Taylor who have the same adventure ahead of them; it's pretty neat to be witness the the unveiling of the road that stretches before us.

I caught myself laughing at one point as I stood on the sidelines. If you were to have asked me as a senior in high school where life would lead I could bet you a million bucks that I wouldn't have said anything remotely close to where I'm at. But God's perfect timing brought me back to Jersey to a whole bounty of beauty, richness and purpose that I wouldn't change for the world.
Web Counter
Free Counter

No comments: