Monday, August 13, 2012

Sweet 16 and Old 3 Skool SACs


It's mid-August and my mind is spinning with disbelief that school is just around the corner. Summer has no sign of slowing down. Closing my eyes and holding my breathe doesn't really do the trick so I'll do my best to just enjoy the remaining weeks of a pretty fabulous summer. 
Last week we officially celebrated Taylor's 'Post-Birthday'. She turned 16 in April, but we held off until  now to kick off the festivities. Fourteen teenagers, fondue and the beach (with a sleep over thrown somewhere in there) made for a very fun, sleep deprived, two days. I flipped a heap of pancakes, schlepped towels and snacks to the beach and was catatonic by the end of the whirlwind 48 hours. Can I get an oy vey? I think they all had a great time and it was a supervised, 'super good decision making' event of goodness that had me much less stressed and enjoying watching the kids have fun just being kids.


Two of my most favorite SACs in the UNIVERSE broke some bread with me and allowed ample time for catching up and some serious carb consumption. Sue, who was until recently the SAC at Cherokee, is back visiting for a short time from England. I think until my last breathe, Sue and I will remain friends. That's just how it rolls after being through thick and thin over the past nine years. Patrick, a SAC at Bishop Eustace and GCIT, is pretty much the coolest dude you could meet. From riding motor cycles, rappelling and hiking all over the place he's an old soul with more energy than most twenty year olds. Patrick and Sue have taught me some pretty powerful lessons about life, friendship and the reality that age is relative. Each of us have hearts for young people and strive to make an impact in a way that can take a whole lot out of you. It's moments like these, where coffee, carbs and some serious laughs accentuate the beauty of life. 

No comments: