Wednesday, August 22, 2012

familia up, down & all around


It isn't often that I'm able to get everyone on the farm together to snap pics capturing my visits with the family. I was on power mode getting the crew organized and prepped for a few poses before hopping the train in Richmond. I was multi-living to the fullest with pics, eggs packed and flip flops on. During our photo session (a very improv version) we received a call from the assisted living facility my aunt is staying in informing us that she was unresponsive and had to be transported to the local hospital. My two o'clock train was bumped a few days.

My dad, Jess & the boys trekked to Richmond for the market as my mom and I headed to Farmville Hospital. Judy had to be flown to Lynchburg where they were able to have her stabilized and provide some much needed tests. Her three months in Bayonne hospital did little to provide answers and we now know did more harm then good. As I prep to really, truly head back to Jersey my prayer is for the Doctor's to have the wisdom needed to figure out all that is going on with my aunt. I will continue to pray for my parents and the stress this is causing. Lots of stuff.


Watching my mom ache isn't easy. When your sibling aches, hurts and isn't in a good place there aren't really words to attach to it all. I want to wave a magic wand and remove the sadness in her heart. I'm not sure what the next few days and weeks will hold, but I will continue to pray, hope and do my best to encourage the crew on Faith Farm.
Tomorrow, this chick is north bound and my body and heart are quite ready to return to my familia.  My body and mind are pretty exhausted at this point; it has been an intense week plus. I'm looking forward to hop off the train and hug my husband, see the girls and catch up on the happenings of life.
As one week shifts to another I can't help but think how much love, goodness and hearts that I am truly blessed to have in my life. Even though life can toss some curves, aches and challenges I thank God for the beauty that lies in between the lines and right on the surface. Love is a powerful thing. May that not make me sound like Michael Bolton. No sax or long pony tail....just a crazy chick from Jersey. 

No comments: