Sunday, December 14, 2014

The now






There are various seasons throughout our lives and some may feel more overwhelming or peaceful than others. As we creep towards another calendar year and the little one in my belly is developing and Jordan and Taylor are in college I am amazed at God's goodness, blessings and just how crazy and unpredictable life can be. There is not one of us who knows what God's plans are for us, where the road will lead us and who will come our way. But with that uncertainty I am that much more grateful for the certainty in my faith, family and realizing that each day is a gift. 
Last month I was in the doctors office and sat through my third sonogram. I consider myself pretty emotionally stable, but hearing the sound of my baby's heart racing and having the ability to see his little hands flicker and toes wiggle is nothing short of miraculous. I do not know what God holds in store for this little one, but as we take one day at a time all I can do is be thankful, pray for his health and find ways to just enjoy the now.

It's pretty cool to look back and think of the different paths, people and places that I have been and where it has all lead to. I do look forward to what the next few months and years will bring, but for right now I'm enjoying the now and that it's not quite Monday yet ; ) 

No comments: