Sunday, September 14, 2008

Are you shore?


There is nothing like a good, relaxing, re-charge of a weekend. I think I've had two of those back to back now which puts me in a good place. Saturday I paddled out into surf that one might say bore the resemblance to the little crevices found in a ruffles potato chip. At times there were short bursts of waist high sets, but that might even be a stretch. But all in all the sun was shining, the water temps were perfect and it was just one of the days that my mind and spirit felt replenished by being in the midst of the Atlantic. For those of you non-beach types the next few weeks are really the best time of the year to be shore bound (don't tell anyone I said that) where the weather is perfect and the people are pretty scarce. Hopefully I'll have another few go's before the infamous wetsuit makes its debut.  
I'm looking forward to another great week of life, work and just simply not having to drive the Turnpike or whip out the EZ Pass. And in the words of John Cleese, "always look on the bright side of life." 
** I found a short clip from my trek in Jordan with a local Beduoin. Being back in Jersey & looking at this now all I can do is laugh and think, I can't believe I was there. But what an experience. 

No comments: