Monday, September 1, 2008

See you in September... wait a minute.... that's today



The weekend marked the end of quite an amazing summer. I headed to Belmar for the weekend to recharge, relax and actually attempt to be productive getting some writing and other tasks done. I have to say with the A.D.D and all I managed to accomplish quite a bit & was impressed with my ability to focus.  
The weather was perfect and being that no syringes drifted too far north of the Jersey shore there was ample opportunity to paddle out and soak in a bit of uv rays. It was a blessing to be able to let my arm strengthen during the summer and this has been one the first weekends where I was able to get out and paddle around a little bit. Friday, Saturday & Sunday were from knee to chest high and consistent. The wind switched up last night and as I headed out onto the beach the first words to leave my lips were, "dude, that's awesome." Early morning it was pretty clean & breaking a consistent head high. As the wind got on it the swell periodically increased from decent to hello, paddle quickly and beat the freight train coming at you. Most of the time I just stayed past the break taking in the epic surf and not pushing myself. So with no more than a few waves in hand I called it a day early afternoon as the surf began to close out pretty quickly and the current's pull intensified. 

It was great to catch up with Carrie, Joe & the girls. They are a home away from home and we have no shortage of fun and laughter. Good times & what a way to welcome the new school year. And we're off..... 

No comments: