Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bleeding Blue

It has been about six years since I've watched a basketball game in the Dean Dome - home to the UNC Tarheels. My parents and I headed for a day trip to Chapel Hill to do a little shopping and have a little r&r from the farm. Walking around campus, the Old Well and Stadium Drive brought back a whole slew of memories. It seems a life time ago since receiving my diploma; since then I've travelled so many different paths, treked to some fairly random corners of the earth and assumed a career that back than I couldn't even have fathomed. Funny how time and life experiences have a way of taking you on many detours and routes you may have never intended to travel. But getting back to the rather epic weekend... 
We headed to Chapel Hillwith the intention of watching UNC play Rutgers from the Top of the  Hill (one of the main hang outs on the Hill) located on the main strip of Franklin Street. So when I informed my pops a few hours shy of tip off that we had to head over to the will call ticket window he was slightly taken off guard. My dad &  I had amazing tickets courtesy of a fellow Tar Heel Alum & Craigslist. Not only did the Heels claim another fantastic victory, 
but I was able to sit  next to one of my most favorite people in the world. 

No comments: