Sunday, December 7, 2008

We're always told how quickly time goes, but it seems as I get older this reality becomes even more real. It seems like just yesterday I was walking the streets of Jerusalem, chilling out on the beach with the surfboard in tow and walking the farm in the heat of the day. Now, December is nearly half over and 2009 is at the door step. Holy cow! (no pun intended) 
So, I did something a little out of the ordinary this weekend... chilled, took a few deep breathes and did nothing really exciting. Spent Saturday with a bunch of my Drug Squad kids at a local retirement community lending a hand and helping with tasks that were on 'the list.' It was a good feeling to see so many grateful spirits. I'm turning in early tonight after I spend some time strumming my guitar and just being still. Feeling fully geared up for another week of the unpredictable... bring it on : ) 
First pic: pond at the lower end of the farm in Va  / Above: a little r&r on the Drug Squad Retreat
Above: Tristan catching chickens. He's the Mr. Miyagi of chicken round-ups. 

No comments: