Sunday, February 8, 2009

Red wine, flip flops and sun makes 'E' a happy chica

Sitting on my porch on a Sunday afternoon with bare feet, a glass of wine and a calm spirit with temperatures more like Spring than that other season we're really in. I'm just digging being in the moment. This past week I found myself in Atlantic City for an annual drug & alcohol conference with about 250+ SAC counselors. I came to the conclusion after my first conference a few years ago that there are indeed other 'loco' peeps such as myself & that gave my self esteem quite a boost. Positive self talk all the way : ) 
The conference is 2 1/2 days that I really look forward to & find it as a pleasant recharge that I always need this time of year. One of my favorite people & fellow SAC, Sue, was there making the time at the Taj anything but ordinary. 

The past few weeks have been a little more challenging than usual & having a weekend to catch up with friends & on things I've sort of allowed to go to the way side has been a good feeling. I have to say I'm ready for another week and even more looking forward to spending next weekend with my family. I haven't seen them since Christmas & I've exceeded my time frame for not seeing Tristan. TIme to head on down to Faith Farm and chill with my favorite little dude: ) 
(Chicky & I hanging @ School house jamming to some tunes)  

Web Counter

No comments: