Thursday, February 26, 2009

The waters of reflection


I try not to get too philosophical or self reflective too often, but as February begins to merge into March I can't but help think how quickly life passes by and the changes that accompany time's passage. Every blink of an eye brings another breach in time and although exciting it can be daunting. Last weekend I spent some time with old friends in NYC and my cousin in Bayonne. Mo & Mike are expecting their first born (the same day as Jess: ) and Jenna is now a sophomore in high school. I love having such opportunities to sit and soak in those that hold such a precious place in my heart.  
It's always neat to be able to soak in memories that tie you together in ways that are sometimes good and not so good. Although life can be overwhelming, it is amazing how wonderful it can be if you alter the angle that your looking at whatever situation or chapter you're at in life. 
It was a blast catching up, laughing and reflecting on life with Mike, an old friend that I think the world of. Lots of good stuff in the past 9.65 days of my life. Diggin' it...  As the weekend approaches I am super stoked to take a deep breathe and reflect on the good, the bad and the unbelievable. Bellisimo! 

No comments: