Monday, March 2, 2009

Dancin' in my heart

I've been doing a snow dance in my heart for some time now & I guess those shoes have a little magic in the soles. I always feel fifteen again when I get that call with someone on the other end confirming that I will definitely be sleeping in the next day. Snow days are golden. Instead of being sedentary all day a friend and I took a serious 4 mile snow trek around Marlton. Cold, wind and fresh air does some fairly epic things for the spirit. 
We borrowed snow tubes from a few kids and took a run down. My theory is that you're never too old to sled and the world would be a better place if everyone took a few runs down a hill once in awhile. And better yet, you may not know that couch surfing exists in the farthest corners of the globe and that includes Marlton, NJ. How's that for random?  

Saturday I had an opportunity to serve with a friend in Camden lending a hand to those in need. We might think how chilly it is outside while running from work or home to our car, but consider if you had no where to lie your head at night. Lack of food and housing makes things challenging in so many ways. I believe it's important to lend a hand and the reality that we are all equal; it's just that some have been handed a tougher hand of cards than others. It's not about feeling pity. It is about loving, caring and extending yourself that indeed your light will shine and an impact can be made. 

Web Counter


No comments: