Sunday, April 12, 2009

books, babies & baby cow ballads

Last week it was great to have the opportunity to spend the day with Ellen Hopkins, NY Times Best Selling Author, at Seneca. She's as down to earth as you can get and a dear friend, Albert Borris, connected us a few years ago. I had a blast hanging out with two pretty legit people. Both Al & Ellen have books coming out in the next few months. Feel free to check Ellen out @ ellenhopkins.com or albertborris.com. Support your local authors! 
Headed out from Jersey in the wee hours of the morn on Saturday rendezvousing with my madre & Tristan to work the Farmer's Market in Richmond. Getting a big hug from my little dude always makes the long hours on the road fully worth it. With the market showing signs of life again it's a positive sign that spring is certainly on the way. I am beyond ready for some warm weather & to wear flip flops without the toes hitting the frost bite zone. 
The farmer's market is adjacent to the Richmond train station & every half hour or so a train would pull in. It was awesome watching Tristan running around & clapping with each train approacing saying, "crazy train, E, it's crazy train..." 



A friend hooked us up with the greatest 'special' of all time for Tristan. For the past 24 hours all I could tell T is that I was brining an epic special for the new big brother. "Can you tell me what my super special is ,E? Please.." As Tristan pulled up to Panera with my mom his face lit up as a four piece drum set was propped up on the side walk. The little dude was all about it and once we got home there was no time wasted on kicking out a few jam sessions. The E&T video version we're most proud of is what we'd like to call, 'baby cow, unplugged.' 

I'll post some pics within the next day or two of Gabe. I was able to hold him for the first time today, but my camera has been a tad unpredictable. My heart melted holding him in my arms and praising God for the safety & health of my two little dudes. God is good. 
 
Web Counter

No comments: