Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Runnin' the race


 This weekend marked the 11th annual Precious Gems 'For Our Girls' Fun Run/ Walk which was held at Seneca. As my mom, Tristan & I drove towards Tabernacle it seemed the skies grew darker and the droplets fell more frequently. I was truly humbled by over 30 students & alumni who showed up in the rain to volunteer at 7:30 in the morning when they could have been in bed. In light of this being pretty emotionally challenging for me to tackle, it is the people I come in contact with through this event that make it all the richer and so very worth it. 


Even with the weather we had over 300 participants. As the race was set to begin the rain came to a stop and the skies began to clear. In the end, it was another successful year that paid off. Right now, it looks as though nearly $9,000 was raised which all goes towards prevention programs at Seneca & Shawnee High Schools. 


The weekend flew by, but having time to hang out with friends and family was a perk. Tristan & my mom were in town until Monday. Although I've had a bout of the flu, it was still a joy being with my favorite little dude. Tristan was stoked to ride the train with his mom-mom and hit the open road. I do believe we have a future couch surfer on our hands....

Web Counter

No comments: