Friday, September 11, 2009

Measure to measure


There is an innate propensity to look ahead and live life in a fast forward fashion that simply leaves our bodies tired and minds numb. With a start of another school year my hope is to live each day for what it is in an almost freeze frame fashion. There is something about being able to simply be content with the moment and relish what is instead of what is to come.

Whenever I return from a venture across the pond I find myself even more self reflective than normal. The jury isn't back yet as to whether that is a positive or negative trait of mine. There is a richness of history and culture abroad that we will never grasp just due to the young nature of our nation. My spirit embraces their prioritizing of family, friends and savoring the sheer beauty in many facets of life that are too often overlooked in the States due to our own deviation from true prioritizing. So as summer casts an amber glow that fades ever so softly into fall consider measuring your hours and days not for what they are, but what they were intended to be.

Even with darkened skies and excessive rain fall forecast for the weekend I intend on, of course, multi-tasking and will find a way to be productive while balanced. That is my mission and it's one that I'm stoked about....

Web Counter

Free Counter

No comments: