Sunday, September 20, 2009

Rockin' it out in 08088 and beyond


Late Sunday evening finds me lying on my bed exhausted and worn, but in a tremendously powerful level. Saturday I spent the day with two of my closest friends on a blanket in the middle of the Pine Lands enjoying Shamong's annual wine festival. There aren't a whole lot of things that put Shamong on the map and this may or may not be one of them. Thousands attended and it seemed every 14.41 feet I ran into someone making it feel like the six degrees of 08088. We didn't do anything particularly exciting, but having an entire day to have nothing on the agenda and enjoy one another's company was truly awesome. I'm pretty sure it's officially going to be an annual thing and I'm pretty stoked about that one.

On today's to do list I had every intention of heading to the shore, but my heart lead me elsewhere. I spend a good portion of the day with someone that I consider to be my little sister who I've felt has had a tremendous amount going on in both mind and heart. It's funny how we have a tendency to walk around with thoughts, worries and burdens that we were not intended to carry. I equate it to an invisible book bag filled with bricks that weighs you down in the most physical and emotional of ways. Over these past months I've gained such richness in the reality that the bricks were not ours to be lugging around - all the baggage, regrets, hurt and uncertainty... nope, not for us to tackle. As I sat with this young girl I had the privilege of breaking down how critical it is to surrender all the big and little stuff to a God who is so much bigger and more epic than our minds can wrap itself around. We so often compartmentalize God into a box that really just has to go; whip out the lighter, burn the box down and let God be whom He was intended to be and I promise it will rock your world. The past two months I've gained such a firmer sense of God's mercy, love and most of all grace. There is so much I don't deserve and I am in awe...total awe and I have to tell you that's a greater stoke than any wave that could ever be found on the farthest most part of the globe. Hang ten, baby...

No comments: