Friday, August 13, 2010


The last six days here have been surreal & have brought with it a dimension of beauty, peace and stillness that is refreshing. We fly to Papeeta, the capital of Tahiti, later this afternoon. We had a few hour lay over there on the way in & I managed a little walk about just as the sun was beginning to cast light upon the Tahitian landscape. It is a beautiful country that reminds me a great deal of Fiji, but is a land all it's own.
I did a little paddle boarding this morning around one of the main lagoons. The water is such a rich, stunning shade of blue & I caught myself on a few occasions just staring across the horizon & in full awe of my surroundings. Every angle you look is a post card & paddling along the shoreline I did my best to freeze frame all of this in my mind. Pictures capture it well, but being here just puts a different spin on it. Bam! Epic beauty and overall wow factor.... wa to the hoooo!!!!

No comments: