Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Web Counter
Free Counter
Sitting on the deck of our hut watching the sun bring life and color to a land that seems more like a virtual postcard than reality. The shades of blues and greens are a buffet for the eyes & bring such solace to the soul. As I sit listening to the gentle pulse of water lapping all around us I can't help to laugh at the experiences I've had over the past 32 years of my life. The last time I was in this part of the world I was island hopping in Fiji sleeping on islands void of electric or running water. Those residing on the island were responsible for contributing to the well-being of each and every inhabitant of the island whether that be in catching food, gathering fruits and/or assisting in preparing meals. The 2nd time here is a whole different experience; there are no vacant couches in Bora Bora.
This place is spectacular & I am adjusting well to not having to scale trees or dodge sharks in pursuit of a meal. I attempted to borrow a spear gun from one of the locals here, but apparently it's illegal to spearfish on the resort. Bummer. I opted to fully break any laws during my stay on the island & rolled with paddle boarding along the lagoons. Wow. The views here leave you speechless & it takes a lot to leave me at a loss for words. Stunning.
Keith & I hopped a boat to town & managed to find our way out of the tourist center. We caught a ride with Ode, a local, around the island to do a little shopping for pearls, pineapples and little local vibe. I had a blast filling our bags with fun foods at the grocery store & trekking them back on the island. You can take the girl out of the couch, but can never fully remove the couch from the girl : )

No comments: