Tuesday, August 23, 2011


On my trek back to Jersey I made a quick stop into Wawa about two hours outside of Richmond. I have to say, it was the most interesting Wawa experience of my life. Within less than a minute the floor began to shake, pretzels & bags of chips fell to the ground and east coast earthquake fever filled the air.

I've seen and experienced a good bit in life, but this was my first earthquake. It was a good five minutes or so before we realized that it wasn't a Wawa experience, but a full fledge east coast earthquake. For the next hour and a half it was close to impossible to send/receive texts or make/receive phone calls. It's amazing how dependent we have become on technology and how powerless and uncomfortable it is when it isn't at our fingertips. It was strange not being able to just let people know I was ok or they were ok and so forth. I am dependent on the cell, big time. But, a handful of hours later I am back to the tech world sitting on my couch, clearing the mind and thankful for the goodness (and even the splash of crazy) that surrounds me.

No comments: