Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Diving in Dubrovanik and border jumping in Bosnia

Again I locate a computer without the ability to upload pics. Aaaagghh!!!! Sitting in port with exactly 12 minutes until departure time. No pressure. We hopped a ferry from Dubravonik, Croatia onto a small island with great hiking trails and amazing rocks to leap from. Yay! The four of us had a blast taking strides into the Adriatic's crystal blue waters. No surf, but heaps of cliffs to take the plunge.
We hired a taxi to take us up to the highest point of the city for a panoramic view of the old city. Stunning. Pics are to come. I promise. I know I've had an influence on my Patterson clan when our driver said, "oh yes, Bosnia is 10 km over those hills" and all three of my familia turned and gave me a look. Oh yes, we are hitting Bosnia. And that we did hitting the border, bonding with the officials, waiting in a long que, passports stamped and we rejoiced. Woop! Country 37, it is! The countryside is breathtaking and with it a rich sense of history, turmoil, but resiliency. I hope to return and spend a bit more time soaking it in. But 8 minutes until departure...therefore I am signing off. E-Law..out!
Web Counter
Free Counter

No comments: