Sunday, September 4, 2011

Life by the salty sea


No matter how intense and stressful life can be my instant remedy is found in the ocean. The moment I drive over the bridge, with windows down, the smell of salt air & anticipation of paddling out has been my most successful form of therapy for quite a number of years now. 

On Tuesday I was out past the breakers and was startled by a pair of dolphins that greeted me with a light spray from their air holes. I am often overwhelmed by the vast beauty of nature and the ocean is an ever changing canvas of color and richness. Sitting on my board as the sun began to peak above the horizon I was overcome with every ounce of nature's awesomeness. My eyes have viewed some pretty spectacular sights over the years, but nothing quite beats a beach sunrise. 

I have to say how overwhelmed I am by God's awesomeness and His creation. Man, I hope there's some swell to ride in Heaven....and I probably won't even need a board:)  

No comments: