Sunday, September 23, 2012

39 Hours of Birthday Goodness



Without a whole lot of planning there was Jersey and then there was Virginia. My parents picked me up from the train station Friday evening with Tristan and Gabe in tow. Last week Tristan let me in on a week of his, "E, I closed my eyes and made a wish that you would be here for my Birthday." I lovingly let him know that I loved him, but it just couldn't happen. After hanging up the phone the wheels were spinning and the ticket was booked.
Considering the time from when I stepped off the train until I was back on was about 39 hours. It was another quick trek to Faith Farm, but it was 39 hours very well spent. 

We managed to fit in coffee on the porch, fishing, baseball practice, herding cattle and heaps of smiles and laughing. The two little dudes bring joy to my heart and have the ability to make any form of stress melt away. Tristan and Gabe allowed me to tag along and tend to the newest member of Faith Farm, baby cow (name yet to be released), that has to be fed by hand due to it's lack of strength in its legs. With time the young calf will grow, but right now it has to be tended to a few times a day. These two mini-farmers are doing a heck of a job.

Tristan and Gabe were pretty happy with having their aunt partake in another whirl wind visit providing loads of entertainment, laughs and fun. Yay, for surprise visits! 

No comments: