Saturday, August 17, 2013

August don't end


The past few weeks have been brimming with summer goodness. I have to admit that I've made a concerted effort to savor each day as August feels to be slipping away. But there is nothing to complain about. I have enjoyed late afternoon drives to the beach getting my toes sandy as well as spontaneous trips to embark upon the latest and funkiest festivals in the area. Random, laid back and sun infused days that have paved the way for a recharged start of the school year. 

Sun is good. Coffee is wonderful. Family and friendship are worth more than their weight in gold. They are two aspect of life I consider myself to be beyond blessed. People who make me laugh, cry and just be in a good place over a three hour cup of coffee or in the car en route to somewhere getting off course making the journey all the richer. Sometimes getting off course is the best part of any journey.

I will cling to August, but when the time approaches I'll also be ready for September. For everything there is a season, a different chapter and a new journey. 

No comments: