Friday, August 23, 2013

farm fresh ventures



Spontaneity is most definitely a positive thing under most circumstances. Hopping in the car in the middle of the night to surprise the family was not a good idea, it was a fantastic idea. The looks on the boys and Jess's face were priceless. I couldn't have asked for a better welcome than Tristan and Gabe launching into my arms along with bear hugs from my parents and Jess. That's what love is...it's togetherness, love and joy that surges through your heart even when distance separates and time places obstacels between you.

It isn't always easy finding opportunities to be together, but when I'm with them it's a good thing. I love sitting on the porch with my parents. I love being in the kitchen making a meal with my sister. I love watching Gabe and Tristan play super heroes and even taking in those few moments when their battery runs low and a nap is in order (or they actually pass out...the pic above is at the local Sweet Shop).

As August begins to wind down and make its way into September I am grateful for the time I am given. I am grateful for Keith's understanding of my need to visit and have my Faith Farm time when the opportunity presents itself. So it may be awhile until the next Faith Farm trek, but I'm very happy for this last little venture cramming in 82 hours of goodness.

No comments: