Sunday, November 3, 2013

Get your fall on


You live once. I think it's important to get sand on your feet every now and again, take a moment to enjoy the explosion of colors painting our trees or simply sit in the backyard next to a roaring fire under a canopy of stars. Live. Don't wait for tomorrow. Do it now.
Half the day had escaped me on Saturday before I realized it was time to enjoy the fact that it was sunny, 70 degrees and the surf was good. We hopped in the car, soaked in the amazing foliage courtesy of Chatsworth and totally chilled.

Sand between the toes, sun on our faces and the smell of salt in the air made for a totally awesome day. Paddling out the spray of the surf on my face and caked sand on my feet I closed my eyes and just gave thanks for that very moment. As I think of friends serving abroad living in areas mired in poverty, heart ache and unknown tomorrows there are moments that I feel guilty for the abundance and goodness around me. It's a hard thing to shake. We have so much and I feel unworthy, but I do believe we can do whatever possible to do something to go beyond ourselves and do much more than less. So even with salt and sand still on my toes tomorrow is a new day with new opportunities to do something. 

No comments: