Wednesday, January 1, 2014

132 hours


Sometimes the distance between Virginia and Jersey can seem so vast. It can be tough on my heart, but I never take for granted the days I am given to spend with my parents, sister and the little dudes. So having 132 hours with them over break was nothing short of awesome. The temps were low, but our stoke was high.  

I find solace in having coffee with my mom by the fire, chatting about God and cattle with my dad, collecting eggs with the nephews and riding in the car to the farmer's market with my sister. Little things that mean the world to me.

Every holiday is a blessing. Each day is a gift. I love the beauty and crazy of family. I find joy in watching Tristan walking side by side with my dad to herd cattle or Gabe helping Jess feed newborn calves. My heart is at peace in the kitchen with my mom doing dishes or watching her whip up another yummy meal. I am blessed and thankful.

So with a New Year approaching I am appreciative for my family in Jersey and Virginia. I am excited for the new chapter ahead, but grateful for a pretty great year. Bring on 2014!

No comments: