Sunday, January 26, 2014

anti-winter antics


Even though winter hasn't technically been around all that long, but it sure feels like the land of the eternal winter tundra of frigidity. No more snow! No more ice! No more tundra like temperatures! What better way to say 'nyet' to summer than a little sun, flip flops, mopeds and surf? Bring it on!

My body shuns the cold and a little sun seriously goes a long way. Even in the midst of twenty degree weather with snow and ice at every turn, having had a little splash of sun and a whole lot of ocean saturation has me not feeling so anti-Jersey right now. But I have to admit, there was a part of me contemplating the epic possibility of living in a tropical paradise with flip flops, a moped, surfboards and selling baked goods from a little hut 231 feet from the beach. This chick can dream!

Until that day arrives I will savor these treks and times away to recharge and soak in a little sun to keep my positive vibe in check. Very grateful and blessed for a weekend get away with the coolest dude around : ) 

No comments: