Sunday, February 2, 2014

Prom dresses, super bowl & dance ...all in 28.5 hours

To dance or not to dance, that is the question. But how does one not dance? We had another totally epic event at Seneca with over 200 students attending dancing for six hours in an effort to raise money for charity. I am pretty sure my legs had not been so dance infused since middle school, but it was super worth it. From creating my own dance move to singing the YMCA in all its glory, it was a great night where it was all about raising cash for those in need. Gotta love it! Dance, dance, dance....

No, we did not go to the Super Bowl. The weekend road did lead to NYC where the city was teeming with Bronco and Sea Hawk fans. I'm not into football, but anytime food trucks pull up with free hot chocolate and photo ops with fun strangers abound there seems little choice to be anything other than all in. So amidst Super Bowl madness Taylor was determined to find the perfect prom dress and that she did.

She had a smile from ear to ear loving every moment of being a princess for the day. Hands down, the kid looked amazing in each dress, it was dress number two that was 'it.' I love watching joy found in the little things that make life so very rich. In a few months the dress will be slipped on with a tiara (I thing that's a realistic request) and Taylor will be a princess for the night. I'm enjoying the present with no rush for prom, graduation and all things will lead to her growing up just a little bit faster. I like the princess residing on Oswego just a little bit longer:) 


No comments: