Sunday, March 2, 2014

Dia del hermana



I'm not sure if it's a general perception, but as we age birthdays aren't quite as awesome and anticipated as they were back in high school and college. Not that there just another day, but the luster seems to wear as daily responsibilities can sometimes take precedent. 
Thirty -four years ago today my sister, Jess, was born. Happy Birthday, hermana! I have known Jess her entire life and watching her become the woman that she is today has been a privilege. 
Jess is an amazing human being. I admire her heart for others, the love she possesses for her children, an ability to persevere through some pretty intense things over the years and a desire to love others in a totally selfless way. She's awesome. 

When we both faced one of the deepest valleys of our lives we walked through it together. It was Jess who looked me in the eye and called me on my crap. It was Jess who pursued me when my heart hurt in a way only she could understand. It was Jess who walked beside me in the darkest moments of our lives. I am thankful and blessed beyond belief that God matched us up together as siblings. She's my bud and as years pass I find solace in her voice, peace in our memories and comfort in the fact that we can make it through anything. 
Wishing my sibling a day of goodness, because she deserves it! Happy Birthday, Jess!!!

No comments: