Sunday, June 1, 2014

Something about Spring


I enjoy spring, but it feels exceptionally amazing after an agonizingly painful winter. Every day I find myself driving a little slower with the windows down, breathing a little deeper and just enjoying the explosion of colors in flowers and trees. I am thankful.
With spring's arrival there is the inevitable buzz of an ending school year. It is hard to fathom that this will mark my tenth year at Seneca and in that time so many friendships, memories and crazy cool projects have evolved. 

A few of my Drug Squad kids rocked out with our last Philly Full Fledge Feed for the year. It is one of the highlights of my job watching kids serve others and gain enlightened hearts for the needs of others. Each of us can make a difference and being that the weather is a-maz-ing, there's just simply no excuse. Get out and rock out!

With outreach I think a pretty healthy balance is found in recharging. Saturday's 5:30 am drive to the shore was about as zen and therapeutic as it gets. From the windows down, cool breeze and arriving to sixty degree water temps and waist high surf made for total perfection. I don't need big surf. I love small, clean sets with a handful of people out in the line up. It's the moment. It's being surrounded by God's epic creation and in a place that is my definition of serenity. I am so grateful for moments like these and for a husband who totally digs that I surf and knows when I'm in dire need of a little Atlantic time. It's a good spring and I plan on digging it without pushing the need for summer to roll in quite yet. One day at a time : )

No comments: