Sunday, October 12, 2008

Jer-sea Girl...

In the midst of a shaky real estate market and financial insecurity many are feeling the crunch and a spike in their blood pressure. I've opted to not open my 401-K statements and grab my guitar instead of the remote. So although heads are spinning, mine is doing pretty well (I'm sure a few out there would beg to differ : ) I've found solace in the fact that I can't control what's going on. It is what it is.  The past few weeks I've watched a minute amount of tv and surprisingly the noise, the static that hasn't entered my cerebral cortex has left more room for other things. It's so easy to get distracted, filled with things that don't really matter. 

I have to tell you as I sat on my board the other day in the midst of fairly pathetic surf, if even you'd call it that, my heart and spirit were so very content with silence. Opting to fill time with things that matter results in substance, depth that is not fleeting. 
I've spent more time these few weeks in prayer, silence, reading God's Word and re-learning what it means to 'just be.' I'd be the first to admit I'm the poster child for Jersey. You might even see me on a billboard as you go along 95 - me & Tom Kean... perfect together.  All that is just how I'm wired, but as I've begun to learn that doesn't mean I have to stay that way. So the impatience, being tightly strung and tail gating with a passion can be life long attributes if I allow them to. Hmm... I'm getting all philosophical now aren't I? But think about that a tad... we can settle, point fingers for why we are the way we are or .... now that's the big challenge, or we can examine our hearts and intentions and attempt to view things from a whole different vantage point. Peace out. 

No comments: