Saturday, October 18, 2008

The leaves, they are a changing


I was out taking a walk today and was struck by the sheer beauty of my surroundings. This past week has been a tad on the crazy side and have yet to have taken the opportunity to take in what I pass by each day to work, running errands and doing my daily life thing. Have you noticed how totally gorgeous it is? The leaves now hang heavy from the trees with brilliant orange, red and yellows. It's all like one large canvas with just the perfect shades and tones of color and crispness in the air that makes it seem profoundly perfect. While living down south one of the things I missed the most was the distinction in seasons that are so apparent here, but sort of begin to blend together south of Virginia.
Another perk is that the ocean temps are still up & you no longer have to contend with tourists or those beach tag people I still dodge to this day. I had a 2 day workshop near Belmar this week & had the opportunity to soak in some afternoon surf. As I paddled out a flock of seagulls swooned above so close I could have touched them had I lifted my arms up. The spray of the ocean and cool of the air made my week. The forecast is calling for the conditions to pick up on Monday, so after work I'll be Atlantic bound. On the agenda: surf until I can just barely seemy hand in front of my face. Awesome. 

No comments: