Monday, March 23, 2009

Mental youth-ology

One of my goals in life is to never equate my age with how I live and conduct myself. May I never take life too seriously and may eyebrows be raised when people cross my path.  
             One of my best friends, Carrie was in town this weekend. There aren't many  people who truly 'get me' and the quirkiness, the layers and all the other stuff that comes along with it. I really just love being in her presence and always feel 17 again when we hang out.  I don't know if you have the fortune of having one of those people in your life that no matter how much time passes, when you're together you just pick up where you left off. No effort required. 
 Carrie represents a whole lot of history that I don't have with many others - she has really been there with me through thick and thin & it means the world to me. I feel blessed to have her in my life and know as years go on we'll never be too old to laugh until our stomach's hurt, to act completely immature at the most inopportune times and even to share a good cry over the one's we've loved and lost over the years. It is something I value profoundly. 
Sunday may not have been warm, but it was sunny. It was enough excuse to head towards the Atlantic. The surf was blown out, but to take in some salt air and have my feet in the sand was all the therapy I needed. Janet & her kids (Ty & Danielle) & I took a trek to Ocean City. We tossed a football, found some seashells and walked the boards. I'm diggin' the down time and Sunday night I was almost ready to head back to the daily grind... 


Web Counter

No comments: