Sunday, March 15, 2009

Young Life & Will cleanin' house

Another rapid weekend coming to a close all too quickly. Since September we've been going strong with Young Life rocking with students attending from both Shawnee & Seneca High Schools. This Friday an annual banquet was held for parents and people in the community to catch a clearer vision for what we do & where we're going. Our kids waited tables and were all about being able to give back in their own way. 
It was really awesome being able to witness so many kids stoked to give back and talk about their personal relationship with Jesus Christ. I was diggin' it. We start club up this Wednesday and the challenge will be to see how many kids we can actually fit into a house without technically breaking any fire codes. I love challenges....
Some friends headed over to my place and assisted in some major spring cleaning along with re-arranging furniture. I've got to say in three years it hasn't looked so good. It was sort of like extreme makeovers without the bulldozer or wrecking team. I found ye olde William Shakespeare in my guest room (very long story) and Janet & I couldn't pass up a chance to take a shot with one of the greatest dudes of all time.It has really been awesome in these past months how God has placed some really amazing people in my life that have allowed me to become a better person in the long run. I am profoundly thankful for continually gaining a sense of what is and what isn't important in life and the tremendous value in authentic friendships. Good stuff. 
Web Counter

No comments: