Friday, October 16, 2009

Bob and Wea-v-IN


I've always loved autumn. Some where in the past week it feels like the fast forward button was hit and we've entered winter. Earlier in the week I took a trek to the shore wading the Atlantic with warmer temps than the air. It felt good to get wet and take a very remedial day of surfing (that's about all the arm can handle at this point:). We went from temperate beach weather with flip flops in hand to full fledge ugg season. My mind is still yearning for summer, but the north eastern has brought with it some fairly frigid temps. If I close my eyes I could possibly envision myself on Yanuka Island, Fiji...but that's a whole lot of brain power being utilized : )

(Above: Olga's Diner, a South Jersey Landmark that will all too soon be torn down and replaced by asphalt and a handful of overhead lights. This place holds so many memories from countless late nights sipping coffee with a toasted corn muffin and
good conversation. Olgas: thou shalt be missed)

WIth it getting dark earlier and having less time outside during the week I'm planning on taking as much outdoor time as possible. Spending time in fresh air and out of halogen lamp territory has always allowed me to detach from any pressing concerns and I find a sense of balance that nature so aptly provides. It's like a virtual Halmark card that's essentially free.

So the weekend is going to be my time of zen and re-grouping before heading into another rather multi-layered week where there are moments I feel like Billy Blanks (tae bo master:) is chanting 'bob and weave...bob and weave." It might take a little creativity and patience, but I shall indeed bob and weave whatever is thrown at me as Monday approaches.
Web Counter

Free Counter

No comments: