Monday, October 10, 2011

Surf'n Fall


This weekend was pretty much what life is cracked up to be...living life in the slow lane, enjoying the moment and just savoring the blessings you have. Sunday I treked to the shore greeted with 68 degree water temps, super clean swell and an overall sense of stillness that left me basking in the warmth of the day. 

It was the kind of day that you dream of and if your lucky you might come across one or two in your lifetime. I rolled into LBI a little after seven and paddled out to the line up where I was greeted by two other women. Yay, women surfers! The sandbar made for perfectly clean, consistent waist to chest high swells for about four hours. I found myself wondering if there would be an ocean in heaven. It is moments such as these that I feel so very close to God, His Creation and a sense of peace that brings an overwhelming stillness to my heart. God is good. I dig His ocean and am thankful for days such as these that just re-affirm the beauty of life and the moments that truly leave you speechless. 

No comments: