Sunday, October 23, 2011



The past few weekends have been nothing short of perfect. Saturday I headed out to LBI and felt like a little kid again jumping out of my car and doing a light jog to catch a glimpse of what the Atlantic had in store for the day. The surf was small, but the sun was out and the water was holding at 65 degrees. 

I have a saying that I don't go a day without saying at work, "you have to find your high in life or it will find you." In the midst of the craziness of life we so often get lost in keeping busy to just keep busy. In the mode of crazy train it is easy to lose sense of who you are and the little things in life that bring you joy. As I approach numero '34' later this week my hope is that I will still manage to maintain a sense of stoke throughout each season of life. 

There are moments that I become fearful of complacency or of not savoring the many simple joys of life that can, if one is not careful, go unnoticed. Buoying on my board with birds soaring only a few feet overhead and the spray of salt water on my face it was a moment of simple joy that definitely did not go unnoticed. 

No comments: