Monday, January 16, 2012

Peeps of a sharpened nature


Relationships are a pretty powerful part of life. As human beings the connections that we maintain with others often has a hand in quality of life as well as our self worth. I have always been a people person, but as the years have gone by I've become more selective with who I spend time with. That might sound a bit arrogant, but the truth is there is plenty of negativity and sadness out there and there are plenty of people that I have met over the years that reek with an internal 'yuck' factor. My feeling is that iron sharpens iron...I enjoy being with those who make me feel good about myself, lift up instead of tear down and who are a pleasure to be in their company. 

I count myself pretty fortunate to have a range of 'peeps' that range a broad spectrum in age, personality and interests. The past few years it has been a blessing to keep contact with a handful of graduates that have become a part of my life outside of the 9-5 realm. My feeling is that we can often find different forms of lessons and insight from young and old if we're willing to listen. I am often re-charged listening and re-connecting with young people that I have had the privilege to watch grow and mature over the years. It also is a pretty good feeling to have kids want to spend time with the old drug lady after all of these years : ) 

Arianna and I met up to break a little bean at Starbucks this afternoon and she has always had the ability to put a smile on my face. Great heart, big smile and a huge desire to paint the world with a whole lot of color...spread the goodness! 

No comments: