Saturday, January 7, 2012



Keith and the kids entered the sunshine state on Thursday and headed straight for Disney. They had awesome weather and it was a weekend full of sun, Disney goodness and the Princess 1/2 Marathon.


My parents and Tristan were able to trek to Jersey for a quick weekend while Jess and Gabe held down the farm. They very rarely have the opportunity to just relax and I think this weekend allowed them to do just that. I'm not really sure it is we did, but whenever we have the chance to spend time together it means the world to me.
Saturday the weather couldn't have been any more ideal. Sitting on the beach, playing in the sand, eating chowder and searching for shells hasn't been on the agenda since they left the Outer Banks. Needless to say, it was a pretty great day.
It was a joy to watch them just relax, lay on a blanket and have great conversation. It has been a long time since 'zen time' with the parents has happened and I'm so very glad it was possible. 


While we sat on the beach Jordan and Taylor were in full gear running. They both had great times with just over two hours. The past month plus they have been hitting the tread mill and putting some miles on their sneakers all around Medford and it all paid off.
I've run my share of 5ks, but to run 4.5 of them I think my legs would detach from my body. I'm pretty proud of them....what an awesome accomplishment! Go girls!

No comments: