Tuesday, June 12, 2012

It's school, not work...

It has been awhile since I've taken the opportunity to sit and pen my thoughts. I guess I've been distracted and my mindset has been a bit clouded. Funny thing is, sitting in my office on the second to last day of school I'm flooded with thoughts and emotions that have quite rapidly tweaked what was briefly misaligned.

Working with teenagers is rarely easy, but I have come the realization that it is one of the most rewarding and beautiful experiences that have enhanced my life in a million ways. At the end of the day I chatted with two of my seniors who will be graduating tomorrow who I have watched blossom into amazing young adults. They have become two exceptionally outstanding human beings that I am confident will leave imprints upon the hearts of many on their journey of life. I am in awe having been blessed to be a part and a witness to their growth, their moments of enlightenment and transition for teenager to young adult.

Life is fleeting and having opportunities to shake things up, challenge and encourage the kids I work with continually inspires me to become a better person. In my past eight years 'attending' Seneca High School I have learned some of the greatest life lessons through the words and actions of teenagers. Never underestimate someone due to their age, because that goes both ways ....life's a journey and when we close our ears and cover our eyes we do a disservice to ourselves and those around us. Live, love and press onward...because getting  caught focusing on what's behind you keeps you from reaching your destination.

Congratulations Class of 2012!!!

Web Counter
Free Counter

No comments: