Saturday, June 15, 2013

180

Another 180 school days have passed. I think each year the days and months fly by a little bit faster. As summer is officially in gear I have to think that I am super blessed to have a job that fits me like a glove.
Even in the midst of the craziest of days where my hair has reached maximum volume I am confident that God placed me here and directed my path to 110 Carranza. The past nine years have been a pretty good ride.  
Every year we send another batch of seniors off into the world. Many of which I will never see again. I enjoyed working immensely with this senior class. But this particular crop of Drug Squad kids had a huge impact on my heart and I am so beyond proud of the direction that they are going. To witness these young people taking a stand to be roll models, embrace the mentality of living life fully in a pretty good decision making type of way along with being over all great human beings has been simply amazing. 
With all the crazy we see in the world, it is moments such as these that I cling to. There is beauty in the eyes of these young people eager to begin this next chapter, but hesitant to let go of something that felt second nature to them. It isn't easy to be content with your present while not becoming to entwined in both past and future. It is a balance. 
But as the Drug Squad class of 2013 steps forward there is so much ahead and so much of an impact left by them. That is pretty cool. 
Good luck Class of 2013! Be the goodness! 

No comments: