Saturday, June 29, 2013

Pineland Peeps

The sun was out, legs were stretched and bagels were plentiful. Today marked the 14th annual Pineland Striders PGM Run. With nearly 400 participants in attendance I was, yet again, in awe of those who have continued to support us over the years.  I realize that there were those present who are unaware of what our cause stems from, but there are so many who have stood by us for so many years. It is my belief that over these years we have accomplished a tremendous amount and we have done some pretty amazing things.

In fourteen years I look at how much good has stemmed from such a tragic event. I believe we have and continue to make a difference. I believe the girls would be very proud. I consider myself blessed to have the four other families in my life. I am a better person for having each of them in my life. We cannot undue the past, but we can choose to alter our outlook and make a conscious decision to live life fully and selflessly. Taking a fourteen year inventory, I would have to say that we are doing pretty well. 

No comments: