Sunday, October 6, 2013

Head lamps, recharge and football


I believe in weekends. The world would be a better place if we had an extra day in the week allowing for a responsible full five day work week leading up to a three day weekend. If I were to run for office, this would be one of my focal points. Everyone would just be in a better mood and there would be time to get the things on the home front accomplished while allowing for a little zing and zang for the heart. Balance is everything.

With yet another completely awesome weekend of clear skies and warm temps I am loving October from my head down to my toes. From a morning run with my girls prepping for our half marathon in November to watching Tay under the lights cheering for Shawnee; it was a pretty great way to kick off the weekend. 

As I sit out on my hammock swing listening to crickets chirp and gazing at the canopy of stars above I am thankful for friends, family and recharge time. There are moments I feel guilty. As I sit here typing, sipping tea and relaxing there is so much pain, loss and struggle happening all over the globe. I feel very unworthy of all this excess and the everyday that I can so quickly take for granted.
So I will sit here and give thanks, lift those in my heart and mind and prayer and ask God for open and receptive eyes to see the needs of others. We can't change the world, but we can impact the heart of one person who can then pass that goodness on. Here's to a week that creates a domino effect of love, compassion and goodness that is one step closer to changing the world. 

No comments: