Sunday, June 28, 2009

Yeah Mon


I had just shy of 24 hours in Nassau & I have to say from what I've experienced it is a special place. What I enjoy most in travelling is having opportunities to stay with locals and through that gain an instant access into community, people & culture. From sitting in someone's living room watching the local news to heading to the grocery store or sitting on their front porch sipping lime aids and waiving to the locals passing by. I feel that no matter how fleeting the time may be, it always prove to be an experience of substance and profoundly unique.

Allison, Rowan & Grandma Freddy provided quite a memorable experience that I will not soon forget. I do wish I had more time on the mainland before hopping out, but you take what you can get. I do know that I love conch fritters, would be stoked if I could get away with the whole "yeah, man" saying without sounding like a dork & have had little effort in transitioning to the Bahamian mentality.

Web Counter

No comments: