Saturday, June 27, 2009

Seriously Baham-ian it

As of mid-afternoon yesterday I wasn't sure if my plane was headed to San Salvador or El Salvador. For those of you who might not be aware of this - we're dealing with two totally different countries here. Awesome. I have to say when things are that up in the air it has a way of making life interesting. My plane landed in Nassau around noon and I stepped out into blue skies and palm trees.

A friend of mine connected with me with a family friend who lives in Nassau. Allison and her son, Rowan, picked me up at the airport and my official 'Bahama time' kicked into full gear. Winding roads with panoramic views of teal blue waters and white beaches that seem all too sureal. Locals roamed along the water's edge & under palm trees to keep out of the sun's rays. Fairly epic.
I joined Allison & Rowan for an awesome feast of piping hot conch & grouper at a local restaurant. Any place where workers and patrons all wear flip flops is right up my alley. The pastel houses with lazy mango trees and bright red flowers seem to be a life size canvas of color and life. Only here a few hours and diggin' it!
Web Counter

No comments: