Sunday, July 19, 2009

Summertime chill



The past week I've been running around spending time with friends & family that I haven't had opportunity to spend quality time with in awhile. The other day I sat on a porch with an old friend people watching, chatting and taking time for plenty of catching up. I feel it's important to have people in your life that make you smile, are encouraging as well as those who are able to provide an element of wisdom from their own life experiences. So with that I have peeps in my life from all walks of life and there's quite a wide age bracket. I believe in asking questions, learning and gleening from the paths taken from those young and old. With that view I have adapted quite a eclectic outlook on life that sort of prevents any complacency or stagnation to take place.

The other night it was pretty cool spending some time with a group of my Drug Squad Alumni who are now entering their junior year of college. Every summer my kids organize a get together of past and present D-Squad members as a way to reconnect and catch up on a whole year of life. I really do enjoy having a first hand opportunity to watch them transition from kids to adults and hearing the where the paths of life is leading them. I do consider it a blessing and a really awesome way to be a part of so many lives. Pretty cool stuff.

No comments: